Saturday, July 23, 2011

over controlling, cold shoulder type of people

OK so it has been a while but with me and this blog it’s not really that uncommon. But I will give everyone an update as to what has been going on with me as of recent. Well after moving to Oregon I got what seemed like a great job for the summer, and it’s the type of work I like and want to be doing. So it sounds like a dream come true, but it has a huge major downfall… living with the people I work with! Now there have been some jobs where I could’ve totally lived with my co-workers this is not one of those jobs.

My partner; the one who I work with every day; drives me off the wall insane! The first two weeks of work were great, but after that it has steadily gone downhill and is hovering about the point where one of us is going to say something to the other and I'm sure there will be a few words exchanged. Now I’ll give you a bit of a run through of what my job entails… Every morning we wake up when most living things are still sleeping, we gear up and jump in the truck and drive into the woods to a predetermined location to look and listen for birds. Now the first two weeks were cool, while driving in the truck we would swap stories and just give general small talk. After that something happened, what it was I have no idea but it happened. I come back from a weekend at home and all of a sudden there no more talking, no more radio in the truck, no more hiking together, were now like two secret service officers; just driving, no talking, looking forward, get the mission done. So I try and make small talk and only get one word answers in return, clearly something has happened, but I figure maybe she’s tired of just having a bad day. Well that bad day turned into a bad 2 months! Imagine having to drive in a car with someone for 2+ hours a day without talking. So still to this point in time I have no idea what happened to make her go all “oddjob” on me but whatever it’s fine because now there is a mutual dislike between the two of us.
And then she would start nitpicking the things I did (mind you she is in no way my supervisor, and for the most part we are equals, even though I'm sure I get paid more) like going ‘too fast’ on the mountain roads; I'm only going 20-25, while she goes 10-15! I’m sorry we are not rock crawling here! It’s just a fucking gravel road! 25 is the recommended speed so I'm not going to stop ‘speeding’. She also critiques my use of the CB radio, my hiking times, and request that I get her permission before leaving to check out a site for the following day! Yah fat chance in hell that will happen, we both came here to recon sites, you didn’t ask me if you could so I'm not going to ask you.
So basically with this chick something changed, and I doubt it was something I did, because when I don’t like you or I give you a reason to not like me I know about it because in most cases it was intentional. This case was not, it was definitely not my intention to make my living situation a living hell hole. And it’s not just us here in this house, there are two other guys whom she regularly has conversations with and jokes with and everything else that people living together should be able to do, so clearly it’s just me. And I get along fine with the other guys mostly just the younger one but the old guy as well, just not as much. But for the most part i don't even feel welcome in this house, and I'm pretty sure that no one here does, once we get home from the woods, we make some food and then go and sit by our selves in our rooms. So basically if you ever get a job with shared housing and you think “Wow this is going to be sweet living with people who have similar interest to mine!” just pause for a second and think back to this blog, now I'm not saying that it’s going to be like this every time but just be ready for the over controlling, cold shoulder type of people who won’t give a valid reason for their loathing of you. And it’s to these people I say FUCK YOU! Chillax, it’s not all about you and it probably never will be!

Also is you enjoy reading these updates (as infrequent ass they may be) I urge you to check out “Kates Dates” a fellow blogger who dives deep into the horrible life of dating after divorce.

1 comment:

Maranda said...

I feel your pain, to a degree. I came in to work one day last fall (I remember it as a Thursday) and thought "Wow, she's in a bad mood today!" I think it was in September, maybe October. She started talking to me again about April or so. It was quite literally from one day she was fine to the next she didn't answer me if I asked her a direct work related question. More than once I asked her if she had a patient chart or a phone call record, she would tell me no, then I would find that she had it all along. The good news is it only took 6 months, and now she's telling people "I don't know why I never liked her. She's really nice." I'm just sorry you can't go home at night and get away from it.