Friday, June 8, 2012

...overly outdated opposing optics

After doing a lot of traveling by airplane this past week there were lots of things that got under my skin about airports, airplanes and basically just traveling in general. But one of the things that I just don’t understand on an airplane is this… The “No Smoking” Light. Ok we get it, we are not supposed to smoke on the air plane; EVER BECAUSE IT NEVER TURNS OFF! And because it has been banned for some 23 years! Smoking was first banned in airplanes in 1988, do people still try and light up while on a plane? I mean can you even carry a lighter on board anyways? Basically I'm sick of looking up while sitting in my seat and seeing about 100 of these damn little lights starring me down! My suggestion… get rid of it! They already tell you that you can’t smoke during the announcements so why do we need the light; a better idea is to have a “Cell Phone” light, letting passengers know that they can now turn on their electronic devices, maybe letting them even turn on their cigarette app? Basically this light is outdated and needs to be taken away! You don’t see schools that still have “No Pogs” posters hanging in the hallways. And while I'm here, some other advice on what to remove from airplanes… KIDS! If you are flying with a child that is under the age of 7 you should have to either have them muzzled, checked under with the cargo, or fly on ‘the dora the explorer airlines’ or something so that I can actually enjoy my flight without having to listen to screaming, having my seat kicked, or the ever present pounding on the seatback tray. So I say FUCK YOU overly outdated opposing optics! grow up, get out, and move on! we live in the god damn wifi age we no longer love joe camel and the marlboro man! we want our fucking Angry birds and words with friends!

No comments: